Changing LIves since 1949
Saint James Church was started in the 1949 on Court Street in West Montgomery. After many fruitful years on Court Street, Saint James Church relocated to a new 60 acre campus in Pike Road and East Montgomery in 1998 under the leadership of the Lead Pastor, Dr Lester Spencer. Lester and his wife, Rev. Janeese Spencer were appointed to Saint James in 1993. They have been married for 30 years and have three grown children. Saint James has since grown to be one of the largest churches in Methodism!
The Saint James Church is especially known for its great worship, Life Groups, excellent Children’s and Student Ministries, Renew Women’s Ministry, Saint James Christian Preschool, Sports Ministries, as well strong community involvement and exciting international missions. It offers many incredible opportunities for fellowship, growth and service as thousands are reached each week in the mission to Make, Empower and Send Out Fully Devoted Followers of Jesus Christ! Saint James Church, and Lead Pastor, Lester Spencer, are also well known for their radio and TV ministry called "Reflections” which air daily on various channels. The Alabama Gazette Newspaper features a column by Dr Spencer each month entitled, “Soul Searching.”